Friday, January 27, 2012

words


The last of the sun lit the valley in ways that made all the best myths of my childhood seem possible, golden rays falling on green so deep and on a cloudbank the greatest painters of the world could not capture and, yes, on her skin and on her hair, and splashing off the blue of her eyes. We lay next to each other on the warm bonnet of the borrowed Rover, our fingers intertwined, and I said, "thanks for coming with me today," and she said, "I wouldn't have missed it for the world." I wanted to say so much more, but sometimes when I need them most, words elude me.


copyright 2006-2012 by Ira David Socol

1 comment:

country roads said...

Wow! What a comforting surprise to hear your words again. Hope you are well, my friend.

Jason
(Jrat from the xanga days)